I am always happy to hear from people who have comments about my web site. I regret to say that I can no longer respond to questions about individual dogs. Here are some guidelines to help you find what you need on my site:
- See my Articles for information on both health and nutrition topics.
- See Commercial Foods for information on selecting foods. Note that the Dry Foods page includes information on dehydrated foods as well as kibble, and the Canned Foods page also includes information on refrigerated and frozen cooked foods. Also see Adding Fresh Foods for information on how to improve any commercial diet by adding fresh foods.
- If you're interested in feeding a homemade diet, see the following pages:
- Homemade Diets for Dogs includes links to my articles on homemade diets and some quick-start guidelines.
- Dog Food Mixes has information on a variety of pre-mixes and vitamin-mineral mixes designed to balance a limited homemade diet.
- Homemade Diet Book Reviews will tell you which books to use to help you get started.
- Dishing on Diets is an article I wrote that covers what nutrients are often missing in homemade diets, and how to provide them through supplements or foods.
- See my Chronic Pain page for information on treating pain from any source, including using conventional drugs and therapy as well as supplements and newer treatment modalities.
- If your dog has a health issue not covered under the Health menu or Health Articles, see my Useful Links and FAQ pages for more information.
- See my Shopping page for some suggestions of where to find various supplements, foods, medications, and more that are recommended on my site.
You can contact me if you have any comments, but I regret to say that I can no longer respond to questions about individual dogs. See my Contact page for more information. My name is Mary Straus and you can email me at either or